Date and Place:
- The Students’ Workshop on Tropical and Non-Archimedean Geometry will take place from 3rd of August to 7th of August 2015. The Workshop will end Friday at midday.
- It is funded by the DFG-Graduiertenkolleg “Curvature, Cycles, and Cohomology” at the University of Regensburg (http://www-app.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/MAT/GK/index.php/Main_Page).
- bringing together PhD students and young postdocs
- presenting your current research
- creating a platform to discuss your research
- improving academical cooperation
- There will be two introductory talks one on tropical geometry by Kristin Shaw and one non-Archimedean geometry by Florent Martin followed by a talk about the Interaction between tropical geometry and non-archimedean geometry by Tony Yue YU. Each talk is about 60 minutes.
We try to arrange that most participants can talk about their current research. Each talk is about 45 minutes.
We offer open problem sessions. Therefore participants can prepare short introductory talks about a problem on which they are working (about 10 min.) and afterwards discuss the possible solution with fellow students in the problem sessions.
There will be plenty of time for discussions to get in touch with each other.
There will also be a social and cultural programme.
- There is limited financial support for students who cannot receive support from their home university.
- Registration deadline is May, 15th 2015.
(See Contact if you want to receive a printed poster.)
Please note also our sister conference at Brown University: https://sites.google.com/site/brownstags/