Workshop: Non-Positively Curved Groups and Spaces
The workshop will take place during the week September 18-22, 2017 at the Faculty of Mathematics of . There will be 3 mini-courses (each 3 lectures 75 min. long) and around 9 invited and contributed talks.
The poster is available here: link.
Please note that in the week following the Workshop, the Conference: Manifolds and Groups takes place at the same location!
Non-Positively Curved Groups and Spaces is the third in a series of workshops organized in Regensburg. The second was on Large Scale Dimensions and the first was on Cohomology and Large Scale Geometry.
Registration is now closed. If you want to attend, please send an email to the organizers.
- Topology of Open Non-Positively Curved Manifolds
by Igor Belegradek (Georgia Tech)
- Braid Groups and Non-Positive Curvature
by Jon McCammond (UC Santa Barbara)
- Acylindrically Hyperbolic Groups
by Alessandro Sisto (ETH Zurich)
Grigori Avramidi (Universität Münster)
Sabine Braun (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie)
Matthew Cordes (Technion)
Tomohiro Fukaya (Tokyo Metropolitan University)
Ilya Gekhtman (Yale University)
Camille Horbez (Université Paris-Sud)
Aditi Kar (Royal Holloway University of London)
Dmitri Panov (King's College London)
Tomasz Prytuła (University of Southampton)
Jacek Świątkowski (Uniwersytet Wrocławski)
- TRAVEL: In order to reach the university kindly follow the instructions here.
- INTERNET: Access to eduroam is available throughout the mathematics building.
MAP: Points of Interest.
There are many useful buses typically, but the 6 will suffice for getting to and from the city center and the conference room (nearest stops are either 'An der Kreuzbreite' or 'Neuprull'). There should be signs pointing to the lecture hall.
One can also walk from the 'Universitat' bus stop, which is better served by the bus system. The 6, 11, C6, and C11 buses all travel between the HBF (central station) and the Universitat bus stop. The above maps may prove helpful.
You can pay for a bus ride on entering the bus or purchase a strip of tickets from one of the ticket machines. A strip of tickets costs 9.00 euros and it allows five bus rides.
ACCOMMODATION: We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at the Hotel Apollo. Participants will need to book and pay for their own accommodation, although the Hotel Apollo should be able to arrange shared rooms (double / twin) for participants with limited financial support (all pre-PhD participants requesting financial support should request a shared room). Please refer to PROMOTION CODE "SFB 0917" when making a reservation!
Regensburg is a tourist destination and we encourage guests to book their rooms as early as possible. Here is a list of hotels in the area:
1. Hotel Kaiserhof am Dom (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
2. Hotel Muenchner Hof (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
3. Hotel Apollo (Near the conference, but limited eating options.)
4. Hotel Jakob (In the center, must take a bus to the University.)
5. Hotel Central (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
One can also check the standard alternatives:
Please use this Google sheet to find a roommate.