Conference: Manifolds and Groups
Dates and Location
- The conference will take place during the week September 25-29, 2017 at the University of Regensburg
- Download the poster!
- Please note that in the week prior to this conference, the Workshop: Non-positively Curved Groups and Spaces takes place at the same location.
Aims and Scope
The aim is to bring together researchers who are interested in group theory and applications thereof to the topology and geometry of manifolds.
- Michel Boileau
- Oleg Bogopolski
- Michelle Bucher-Karlsson
- Roberto Frigerio
- Alexander Gaifullin
- Bernhard Hanke
- Sebastian Hensel
- Holger Kammeyer
- Jean-Francois Lafont
- Ian Leary
- Claudio Llosa Isenrich
- Wolfgang Lück
- Saul Schleimer
- Kevin Schreve
- Petra Schwer
- Alessandro Sisto
- Richard Weidmann
- Jesse Wolfson
- Daniel Woodhouse
Limited financial support for the conference and younger participants is available through SFB 1085: Higher Invariants. If you are interested in child-care during the conference, please send an email to email@example.com.
Application: Through the registration form below; all applications for financial support received by June 1, 2017 will be given full consideration.
Please fill out the registration form
- The schedule for the conference will be posted early in September. The conference will start Monday morning and end Friday at noon.
- There will be no talks Wednesday afternoon. We will not organize an excursion but we encourage you to explore the beautiful town of Regensburg
- The conference dinner will be Thursday at 19:00 at "Hacker-Pschorr Gasthaus" in the old town. The dinner will be free for all registered participants.
- City of Regensburg: Regensburg is a Unesco World Heritage site that is famous for its well preserved medieval city center and its beautiful Gothic cathedral. Further information can be found here.
- Campus map: University Map
- Public transport: Local bus system
- Accomodation: We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at Hotel Apollo. Participants will need to book and pay for their own accommodation, although the Hotel Apollo should be able to arrange shared rooms (double / twin) for participants with limited financial support (all pre-PhD participants requesting financial support should request a shared room). Please refer to PROMOTION CODE "SFB 0917" when making a reservation!
- You can use the following sheet to find a roommate: Google sheet
Regensburg is a tourist destination and we encourage guests to book their rooms as early as possible. Here is a list of hotels in the area:
1. Hotel Kaiserhof am Dom (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
2. Hotel Muenchner Hof (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
3. Hotel Apollo (Near the conference, but limited eating options.)
4. Hotel Jakob (In the center, must take a bus to the University.)
5. Hotel Central (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
One can also check the standard alternatives: