5th Bavarian Geometry & Topology Meeting
Date and Location
The Meeting will take place on July 04-05, 2019 at the University of Regensburg.
- Jesper Grodal (Copenhagen) will give a series of 2 lectures about Picard groups and homotopy decompositions in algebra and topology.
- Stefan Friedl (Regensburg): Knot concordance and comics
- Nadine Große (Freiburg): On the space of metrics with invertible Dirac operator
- Bernhard Hanke (Augsburg): Local flexibility: Homotopy cut-off and a general approximation theorem
- John Lind (CSU Chico): K-theory of endomorphisms, TR, and the characteristic polynomial
- George Raptis (Regensburg): Bivariant theories, cobordism categories, and index theorems for manifold bundles
- Thomas Vogel (LMU München): Overtwisted Engel structures
- Moritz Meisel (Augsburg): From Formal to Actual Fibrations
- All lectures will take place in the SFB Seminar Room M311. (This is on the third floor of the Mathematics Building.)
|Thursday 04 July||Friday 05 July|
|10:00 - 11:00||Coffee & Registration||10:00 -11:00||Bernhard Hanke|
|11:15 - 12:15||George Raptis||11:15 - 12:15||Jesper Grodal II|
|12:15 - 13:45||Lunch||12:15 - 14:00||Lunch|
|13:45 - 14:45||Nadine Große||14:00 - 15:00||Thomas Vogel|
|14:50 - 15:20||Moritz Meisel||15:00 - 16:00||Coffee & Discussion|
|15:20 - 16:00||Coffee||16:00 - 17:00||Stefan Friedl|
|16:00 - 17:00||Jesper Grodal I||17:00||End of Meeting|
|17:00 - 18:00||John Lind|
|19:00 -||Dinner at Spitalgarten|
Registration & Financial Support
While there is no formal registration for the Meeting, we would be grateful if those wishing to attend inform the organisers in advance.
Limited financial support to cover accommodation and travel expenses is available through the GK 1692 "Curvature, Cycles, and Cohomology". Please contact the organisers if you wish to be considered for financial support.
- PUBLIC TRANSIT: Local bus system. There are many useful buses typically, but Bus 6 will suffice for getting to and from the city center and the university (the nearest stop is the Universität).
- TRAVEL: One can reach the university by following the instructions here.
- INTERNET: Access to eduroam is available throughout the university. Bavaria also offers free wifi through BayernWLAN.
- Markus Land (Regensburg)
- Lukas Lewark (Regensburg)