Low-Dimensional Topology Workshop 2019
Date and Location
The Meeting will take place from October 21 to 23 (Monday to Wednesday).
Note that following this workshop, there is a workshop on foliations from Thursday to Saturday, organized by Raphael Zentner.
The workshop takes place in the rooms of the SFB, and all talks and lectures will be in the SFB Seminar Room M311, on the third floor of the Mathematics Building.)
Also, you might be interested in other talks that will be given at Regensburg during this week: see the department's weekly schedule.
|Monday 21 October||Tuesday 22 October||Wednesday 23 October|
|9:00 - 10:00||Lecture I by Filip Misev: An introduction to knot concordance||9:00 - 10:00||Lecture II by Matthias Nagel: Concordance and linear independence of strongly quasi-positive knots||9:00 - 10:00||Lecture III by Alex Zupan: Fibered homotopy-ribbon knots and handlebody extensions|
|10:15 - ...||Problem session & group work||10:15 - ...||Problem session & group work||10:15 - ...||Problem session & group work|
|14:15 - 15:00||Beibei Liu: Some geometric applications of the link Floer homology||14:15 - 15:00||Takahiro Kitayama: Character varieties and essential surfaces||14:15 - 16:30||Problem session & group work|
|15:15 - ...||Problem session & group work||15:15 - ...||Problem session & group work||16:30 - ...||Conclusion|
|19:00||Dinner at Leerer Beutel|
- Public transit: Local bus system. There are many useful buses typically, but Bus 6 will suffice for getting to and from the city center and the university (the nearest stop is the Universität).
- Travel: One can reach the university by following the instructions here.
- Internet: Access to eduroam is available throughout the university. Bavaria also offers free wifi through BayernWLAN.
- Anthony Conway (MPIM Bonn)
- Peter Feller (ETH Zürich)
- Lukas Lewark (Regensburg)